Allow me please, a sentimental post about my kid. About a year and a half ago, I started writing down some of Monkey Boy’s peculiar words. My plan was to keep a running list for sitters so they would know what the heck the child was asking for. It got lost in the shuffle over time. I found it again this week.
It made me smile. Lord knows, I would rather eat turnips than go back to the baby days of diapers and sleep deprivation. But it jolted me to realize how much he’s grown so quickly.
It is absolutely true what they say about children and time: The days are long, but the years are short.
I hope the list gives you a bit of giggle too.
- N. McQueen ~ Lightening McQueen, character from the movie Cars
- hooker ~ tow truck, it hooks cars
- snow water ~ snow globe
- cubby hug ~ cubby hole at school where his bag goes during the day
- Donald’s ~ McDonalds
- Ina hode ju ~ I want to hold you, not original, but he wants to be picked up
- Scoopdy Dude ~ Scooby Doo
- hot ride ~ hot rod
- (in best Italian accent) Sponga Boba ~ Sponge Bob Square Pants
- Oscree ~ Oscar the Grouch
- chocolate beans ~ chocolate covered raisins