Today we’ll eat black-eyed peas. We’ll make our wishes and resolutions for 2011. Today is like the Friday before opening day of football season: we’re all undefeated.
As far as my personal resolutions. This year, I will…
- finally figure out what I’m going to do with my hair. OK, maybe that’s a little too much to hope for. I’ll settle on a color.
- proudly unveil my latest project, a partnership with my friend Savannah: The Southern Girl Academy. Actually, there are many, super cool women contributing to this. You want to check it out.
- make deliberate, open-minded decisions about my work.
- celebrate the success of friends. (I have a feeling there will be much to celebrate this year.)
- connect with others in a meaningful way.
- surround my chickens with love, acceptance and wisdom.
- pay it forward.
- find the empty space in others’ hearts and help fill it.
- stand with my feet on solid ground, listen and trust.
- stop swearing. OK, swear less. Oh, who am I kidding?
May you and yours be blessed in the New Year.